Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One Word


Do you know when you expect really, really hard one thing and that thing seem to never come? So somewhere along the waiting process you end up forgetting that thing you wanted because you convince yourself it will never arrive.
And then, one day, that thing comes and the joy you feel is enough to forget the anxiety you felt while waiting… Especially when that thing you want the most is no more than a sincere apologize, from a person you used to care about.
Do you believe in the power of a word? One, just one word…

”Sorry”
I didn’t until today. I mean, I know words are important, that they have meanings, that they carry feelings and emotions, that they hide secrets, truths and lies… But I never thought they could mean so much to me, when spoken truthfully from the heart.
Ok, I’m being a little unfair. I have, in fact, always believed in the power of what a simple little word can do. So maybe what I didn't believe was the person behind that spoken word.
And now I do believe. I believe that in this world we have good people, bad people…and confused people. Furthermore, to be honest I pity more the confused ones than the rest. Those who don’t know what they want in life, who can’t make a serious decisions, who keep attached to the past because it’s something they know…the ones who take an eternity to correct a mistake, because they’re too confused to realize that they committed that mistake in the first place, so they need a while to understand that it needed to be fixed.
For a long time I used to include myself in the group of the confused ones, because my life didn’t seemed to be moving forward. Today I also realize I was scared, not confused, because deep inside I always knew what I want for me and for my life. I was scared that the truth would ruin all I knew. Now I know, that sometimes things have to fall apart, so new ones can grow from there.

White Perfection by ~Andie Maars (thats me! :p )
You can find this picture on my DeviantART page and please, feel free to look into my gallery and see my other photos

2 comments:

  1. The power of a word?

    I believe in the power of acts, the will of someone trying to fix a mistake..

    Imagine a Litle smile ... a honest one ..
    It can change someone World :)

    well keep it up ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I didn't express myself correctly on the text...or you misunderstood my intentions. I was talking about the action of saying what has to be said and done.

    By saying up there "spoken word", I was already implying the act behind the speaking. Because, in this case, just the will of the person trying to fix the mistake is not enough; people can think and re-think inside their heads that they need to apologize for something they shouldn't have done, but until they do, just the will means nothing to those who've been hurt.

    In my text, the word IS the action.

    ~Andie F M

    ReplyDelete