Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Love and Hate (2)

- Love and Hate (2)

What make us love someone? Magazines and books often describe the 'being in love'; but there are so many different versions for the same state of mind and spirit... So, what makes us know we're in love?

The 'stomachs butterflies' seems to be the favorite way to describe this feeling; to describe love and the 'being in love' thing. So, if I never felt them, then I've never been in love?!? Other prefer to say: 'Well, there isn't really a pattern; each person experiences it differently.' So how the hell do they expect us to know, if nobody tell us what we're supposed to feel?

Somehow I understand them; love isn't something we can measure or weight... That's way the difference between like and love is very subtle.

But we can't also measure or weight hate, can we? If that's so, how do we know we hate somebody? How do we know we hate and not just dislike? Questions, questions and more questions...

Based on what dictionaries and magazines say, I've loved and I've hated. Exactly when, where or how, I'm still trying to find out.

[What do you think?]


By: Andie Fern Maars

2 comments:

  1. And you surprise me again Andie! :D

    Like you - and probably most people on Earth -, I do not have the answer to that big question: 'How do we know?'
    I think we never know. We take the chance; and by risking our hearts and souls - gambling our most precious things with destiny - we hope to find out the answer, we hope... And sometimes it works.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked my little text :)

    And you're right, sometimes we have to take a step in the dark, as if we're blind. It's called Trust.

    Keep checking for updates, and leaving comments - I love comments :D

    - Andie

    ReplyDelete